Vaxtor is a licenced ANPR application that can be installed directly on supported Wisenet cameras.
This is a step-by-step guide for configuring Wave user accounts, Wave rules for bookmarks and the configuration required within the Vaxtor app.
- This guide assumes you have working knowledge of Wave and the Vaxtor ANPR application.
- You have the camera added to Wave and can see the live video and is being recording.
- Vaxtor app is correctly reading licence plates.
Note - for bookmark creation in Wave, the Vaxtor camera must be recording in Wave.
- Add a new local user in Wave.
- In above example, we have a username of vaxtor (MUST BE ALL LOWERCASE)
- Email address is not required.
- The password must not be overly complex, in this example I have used vaxtor1234
- Role set to Administrator, this can be a lower role.
- Next to the Enabled toggle, you will see 3 dots, click on the 3 dots and ALLOW DIGEST AUTHENTICATION FOR THIS USER - very important!
- Hit apply and OK.
- Navigate to the Vaxtor app webpage.
- Click Reports, then Wisenet Wave.
- Tick the Active Box.
- Enter the URL of your Wave server (make sure to use https in your URL)
- Source is the identifier for this camera in Wave, here I have used LPR but this can be changed to suit the installation.
- Username is what we created in Wave.
- Same for password (vaxtor1234 used in this example)
- The camera ID can be found in Wave, see below screenshot.
- In Wave, right click on you Vaxtor camera and select camera settings, click More info, here you will see the camera ID, copy and paste into the Vaxtor app.
- You should now see ANPR events in Wave as and when a plate is read (in the Notifications pane).
Note - the notification popup is only visible for a few seconds.
If you do not receive any ANPR data in Wave from Vaxtor, check your username and password have been entered correctly and that no uppercase characters have been used.
It may also be necessary to enable the "insecureDeprecatedApiEnabled" option in the Wave Web Admin portal.
- Navigate to the Wave server webpage advanced page -
- https://Wave Server IP Address:7001/#/settings/advanced
- Enable this option.
Note - future versions of Vaxtor will not require this option to be enabled.
Wave Bookmark creation.
Now we are receiving the ANPR data in Wave, we need to create a rule to create a bookmark when a licence plate has been read.
The below Wave rule example will create a bookmark on camera "A8 Vaxtor" when the phrase LPR is received.
Bookmarks will now be created in Wave when a ANPR licence plate has been read by the Vaxtor app.
Licence plates queries can also be run in Wave.