Many Wisenet devices offers alarm inputs and outputs, these are TTL outputs and are not volt free, a transistorised relay is required to obtain a volt free output.
The SPM-4210 is a network attached Input/Output unit for Alarm and Audio connection.
The SPM-4210 has a 12V 50mA supply capable of powering the below transistorised relay, therefore an additional power supply for the transistorised relay is not required.
- The SPM-4210 has a total budget of 50mA, therefore only one relay can be directly powered from the I/O Box.
- If two relays are required, a separate power supply will be required to power the transistorised relays as this will exceed the 50mA budget if both relays are energised at the same time.
- In the below example we have one relay connected to the Alarm 1 output of the I/O Box.
Pin 1 - 12V 50mA
Pin 2 - 0V
Pin 3 - Alarm 1
Pin 4 - Alarm 2
Pin 5 - Alarm 3
Pin 6 - Alarm 4
Note - The jumper must be set to L for proper operation.
- Navigate to the camera webpage.
Under Settings, Event, Alarm I/O.
- In this example, we have configured I/O 1 as an Output, the type has been set as N.O. Normally Open, Mode type as Pulse and Duration of 3 seconds.
The above example would be ideal for releasing a door lock or carpark barrier.
The relay used in this example has a total current draw of 50mA, therefore it is suitable to be powered from the camera.