Why do I get the error “Storage Issue: Analytics storage DB error. Insufficient permissions on the mount point”?
This typically occurs on Ubuntu servers when trying to store analytics data on a drive that WAVE Server is not able to properly access due to having inadequate permissions. Your server is likely missing the following permissions to the storage drive:
- Read (the capability to read the contents of the file)
- Execute (the capability to execute a file or view the contents of a directory)
How to fix the storage issue
In WAVE (build 31767 and higher), we introduced an option in the WebAdmin interface called forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissons that grants WAVE Server the necessary read and execute permissions for that storage drive.
Follow the steps below to enable the option:
- Open the WAVE WebAdmin advanced page:
http://<server ip>:<server port>/static/index.html#/advanced
- Log in to the administrator account to gain access.
- Find the parameter forceAnalyticsDbStoragePermissons - check the box to enable.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.